A lot of us don’t realize the importance of sipping water. We’ve all been told to drink 8 glasses a day since day 1 of Kindergarten, but who really sticks to that? I for one, did not until I got smart on what H2O actually did for my body and my waistline. Check out the real facts on what chugging water can do for your health and figure, and I guarantee you’ll be taking a jug of it wherever you go.
FACTS I BET YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT DRINKING WATER:
- Drinking water on an empty stomach purifies the colon, making it easier to absorb nutrients.
- Increases the production of new blood and muscle cells.
- Helps with weight loss: Drinking at least 16 ounces of chilled water can boost your metabolism by up to 24 percent in the morning.
- Gives you glowing skin: Water helps to purge toxins from the blood naturally instead of through the skin, which helps keep your skin glowing and clear.
- Balances your lymph system: These glands help you perform your daily functions, balance your body fluids and fight infection.
- Dehydration causes extreme fatigue, low energy, mental fogginess and headaches.
- Lack of hydration makes your body hold onto extra water, instead of eliminating it, causing increased bloating (MY worst enemy!).
- Many mistake thirst for hunger. Staying well hydrated will allow your body to decipher between real hunger, thirst or even boredom so you only eat when your body needs the fuel.
- Water keeps you full, longer so you’ll likely consume fewer calories.
- H20 keeps your body’s organs running properly and the chemicals in the brain stable, likely preventing cravings of salty and sweet foods, allowing you to make smarter food choice.
FYI – Sipping 2 ICE-COLD glasses of water right when you wake up will shock your body, wake you up and get your engine/metabolism running. Make sure to chug H20 before reaching for your morning coffee.
Well, there you have it. Why wouldn’t you swap your fake sodas, cream-filled coffee or martini’s for a glass of water?