I wanted to share with you my new favorite low-carb, high-protein meal that’s the perfect combo when trying to tone up. It gives you the energy to workout hard (something that lacks with most diet foods) AND the lean protein to keep you full twice as long. There’s also some juicy fat in the mix (healthy fat of course) to add some flavor. And lets be serious, without fat, who is really satisfied? I don’t know about you, but when something is TOO healthy, I’m never content So add what you will in moderation to make sure this meal will satisfy you. Because in the end, if you are satisfied, you won’t be reaching for munches come 9 p.m.
The best part about this meal? It’s breakfast served all day long! Check out the ingredients, instructions and pictures from my cooking below to help guide you when cooking it for yourself. Try it, tweak as you like and share with me what you think and/or your newer, MAYBE better concoction!
- 3 eggs (1/2 egg whites, 1/2 whole egg to keep the fat lower)
- Low-fat mozzarella shredded cheese
- Turkey bacon (or if you must have the real thing, choose center cut regular bacon – this kind doesn’t have as much fat but retains the same flavor) OR turkey Kielbasa (my fav!)
- Chopped onion (amount to your liking)
- Chopped green peppers
- Fresh spinach (steamed not to lose nutrients)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook bacon separately in a frying pan with Pam (NO OIL!)
- In another pan, brown chopped onion and green peppers. Once the vegetables have a nice caramel color, add fresh spinach and cover for a minute or until the spinach has wilted down
- Add whipped egg whites and regular eggs, shredded mozzerella, and a pinch of salt and pepper into the pan with the vegetables
- Chop bacon or kilbasa and add to the egg pan once the eggs are ready
- Mix and serve
It’s that easy. And for those of you scared of bacon, kielbasa or any higher-fat meat: remember, you NEED a certain amount of healthy fat for satiety reasons – it digests at a slower rate than other foods, making you feel full longer. Don’t be scared to incorporate it into your diet. The perfect mix of fat, protein and carbs is what your body needs to run properly, AND lose weight.